Re: window wiper strips

To: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@shianet.org>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: window wiper strips
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 23:51:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Mike -
I struggled with these clips for a long time before wising up and making a
tool.  I used a thin piece of sheet steel about two inches wide.  Bend the
thing into an "S" shape (when looking at it edge on), except one loop of
the "S" should look more like a "V".  The "V" should be narrow enough to
fit down into the window channel.  Place a clip in the bottom of the "V"
with the open side up, insert the "V" through the window channel and
maneuver it so that the clip is in line with the rubber  seal you are
trying to install.  Pull up on the tool when the clip is in place, and
VOILA  (not viola), she's on!  Not necessary to remove anything this way.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain