Re: Britfest '98 Report

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Britfest '98 Report
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 07:00:16 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Britfest was very nice this year indeed. I saw lots of list members
including, Frank C.(nice Austin), Mike and Barbara Lechstein (those
were stainless steel rocker covers for my 77 B I was carrying / You got
a problem where that? :-) ), Richard Boris (he is great to go hunting
for specific items thru the vending area / got eagle's eyes), also saw
Rick Brown and I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting. Wished Phil H.
had made more of an effort to track me, I would have like to have
seen/met him.
Some of the more out standing cars were, Ron Zweig's Sabra, John
Jenning's 140 Jag and that green and black Morgan. The variety of makes
and Models was great with Hillmans, Humbers, TVRs, Lotuses, Morrises,
Mini Coopers and Austins. I was just happy that they drew a clear
separation between the Triumphs and the MGs, thus averting any turf
wars. Although I will admit that I took more than one glace in the
direction of that beautiful Red Triumph Stag Convertable.
Won hands free flashlite thing that you wear like glasses as a door
prize and threw an Ignitor electronic ignition unit in my 75 B (with
the help of Dave Blackwell / actually he put it in I just got him a Hot
Dog with the works while he was doing it).

Next for me will be Carlisle Import Weekend. I'll be there with my son
Adam and his 72 MGB as well as one of my cars. Also coming up in June
are the Dare to be British weekend, June 6th and 7th at Lime Rock
Raceway (Saturday)/Newburgh(Sunday). Brits of the Hudson with the help
of Eastern NY MGA Club has arranged for a real nice weekend package
including Hotel and Meals for $150 per couple (?$125 single?) and
another real fun event is MG Car Club - Long Island Centre's "The
British Are Coming !!" Show / Funkhana / Valve Cover Races / Parts Flea
Market Event. Just the setting on the grows of Bayard Cutting Arboretum
is worth the trip for this show on the 14th of June.

Am I babbling again? For more info about east coast events try my
events webpage at http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html .

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator
North American MGB Register
proud to have and cater to the needs of several hundred Spridget owning
members. At NAMGBR, we ain't just Bs  1-800-NAMGBR1 or email your name
and address for more information about becoming a member.