Re: flasher warning light

To: carolien coulter <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: flasher warning light
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:38:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Carolien,

I had the same problem as I didn't want to tighten down the instrument
panel on the Bugeye.  The flasher light only has a lite green wire
which, as you said goes to the flasher unit.  This means that the
indicator light needs to be grounded to the dash.  If you painted your
dash, scrape away some paint on the back side, obviously, so the housing
makes good contact with the dash.  Next, tighten the dash mounting bolts
and make sure they are making contact with the chassis.
The two braces to which you refer get mounted to a flange around the
center plenum.  The parts book calls for 1/8" diameter ( I think that's
a #6 ) by 1" long screw with lock washer and nut.
The brace gets mounted to the dash by 1/4" dia. by 1 1/4" long screws,
plain washers, lock washers, and nuts.  The braces were painted
semigloss black; gloss black will do.
Any further help or corrections out there listers?
Hope this helps.
Dave