Re: Bugeye grille fasteners

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bugeye grille fasteners
From: dingram@tnet.net (DOUG INGRAM)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:07:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Be very careful if trying to thread the studs...they have a tendency to
break off easily. Also, if the grille is in any way warped, i.e. doesn't fit
the body perfectly, tightening the fasteners to pull the grille tight could
break them off.

The idea of using rigid tubing as a fastener seems worth a try - might need
to put a washer on the stud first. Try your local aquarium store - they
should carry rigid clear plastic tubing in a variety of sizes.

Doug Ingram
58 Bugeye
AN5L/636