Re: bugeye brakes

To: carolien coulter <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: bugeye brakes
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 21:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
So do you have to pump once every time or just the first time and then
it's fine for the rest of your drive?
If it's the former, it could also be warped rotors or sloppy wheel
bearings that push the wheel cylinder back in too far....uhhhh....if you
have disc brakes...

But anyway, if the brakes are fine when sitting still but not when
driving, look for something mechanical, bleeding probably won't help.

Ulix

On Wed, 6 May 1998, carolien coulter wrote:

> Now I'm really confused. My brakes work fine sitting in the garage. Even
> overnight pressure seems to hold. The first pump might not be quite as
> strong as the sencond, but they seem to be working ok,until I drive the car.
> As soon as I get going, the first pump goes to the floor( or just about;no
> brakes anyway) and after that I have great brakes. ?????Carol, '59 Bugeye.

                                                           '67 Sprite