bugeye brakes

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: bugeye brakes
From: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 09:43:03 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the responses about my brakes. I haven't had time to work o
it the last couple of days, because I went to Carlisle. It didn't just rain,
it was a downpour all day ( I was there at 7 am on Friday till about 3 pm)
with short 5 minutes breaks maybe twice. Anyway, glad I went because it
still is always a great experience.Not many NOS Bugeye parts though, but
lost of great Bugeye people.

Any way back to my brakes, they are all drum brakes. Pads, wheel cylinders,
etc. are all new.The one suggestion somebody had was to try to bleed the
stop brake nut at the junction . I hope I can do this without spilling fluid
on the car. I am not convinced this will work, because I just don't think
it's air in the lines, since the brakes stay hard sitting in the garage. Any
way that's the easiest thing to try first before I go into bearings and
other things.

Carol, '59 Bugeye( still looking for a name)