Re: '76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: '76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:36:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

cfiddes@direct.ca wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Having just put new seals in my clutch master cylinder, re-installed,
> bled and bled, and bled until my girlfriend just said "Enough!  I'm
> not pushing this damn pedal one more time.", someone mentioned "bench
> bleeding" the cylinder prior to re-installation.
>
> Now I'm about to rebuild the brake master cylinder.  Once the MC is
> re-assembled, what's the "best practice" for getting the brakes
> operational again.  If "bench bleeding" is a step, I'd love an
> explanation of what it is and how to do it.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Chris.

 Chris

Bench bleeding requires 2 short brake lines from the master cylinder fittings
back into the resevior.
Once you make up the lines, fill it with fluid and push the piston in and out
(on the bench) untill straight fluid is squirting back into the resevoir.
It's easier to do then explain.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs