'76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '76 Midget - Brake Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding?
From: cfiddes@direct.ca
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:05:52 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <cfiddes@direct.ca>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi folks.

Having just put new seals in my clutch master cylinder, re-installed,
bled and bled, and bled until my girlfriend just said "Enough!  I'm
not pushing this damn pedal one more time.", someone mentioned "bench
bleeding" the cylinder prior to re-installation.

Now I'm about to rebuild the brake master cylinder.  Once the MC is
re-assembled, what's the "best practice" for getting the brakes
operational again.  If "bench bleeding" is a step, I'd love an
explanation of what it is and how to do it.

Thanks for your time.

Chris.