Re: Prep work (was RE: New Bugeye owner to the group!)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, timos@microsoft.com
Subject: Re: Prep work (was RE: New Bugeye owner to the group!)
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 05:38:27 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sandblasting the body will result in warpage of the panels, OK on the
floors engine compartment etc. but you'll have a tough time getting all
the sand out. Media blasting depending on who's doing it can be OK but
has been known to warp some panels.
Chemical Stripping always seems to leave some contaminants in the seams
which cause problems with paint later. Safest way is to sand it all down
by hand and DA sander.

>From: Tim Osborne <timos@microsoft.com>
>To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Subject: Prep work (was RE: New Bugeye owner to the group!)
>Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:15:13 -0700
>
>I haven't seen any answers to Dave's previous post - I also am
interested in
>people's opinions and experiences re: prep work.
>
>There was a burst of list activity in January about this, but I'd be
curious
>about the prospect of offsite commercial chemical stripping so as to
not
>turn my garage into more of an ecohazard than it already is.
>
>tim

Meduna