Re: front brake lines

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: front brake lines
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:43:05 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Your two thumbs make excellent pipe bending tools.  Rule of thumb: Nice and
easy and try not to bend in the same place twice (cold works the steel).  I
got both my steel brake and clutch lines from Advance Auto Parts but I would
imagine that most of the other chain-type auto parts stores carry them.  You
can usually get them in 60" lengths too.  I did have to use two pieces and a
union on the clutch line though.  As far as the fittings go, reuse your
existing ones if they aren't in too bad shape.  As far as the flares go, I
used my mechanic's bubble flare tool that he's had since '06 but I found
that I had one at home too (I didn't realize that it would do double
flares).  I would check the yellow pages for a hydraulic shop near you.
Mine does carry the tool, but I didn't price them.

I found this work to be so enjoyable that I went ahead and redid my fuel
line in stainless steel!

Have fun,
Jeff Church
'59 Bugeye