Off Topic Modern Sedans?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Off Topic Modern Sedans?
From: Les Myer <lmyer@probe.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 02:28:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> I have looked at the American Cars but they just don't compete in my
> view.  Whats wrong with these cars, or me, that makes these cars so
> unappealing?   I do feel a little guilty about favoring the Japanese
> cars, have you folks been through this?  It would be no contest if the
> XK8 was 35,000 cheaper, and the hell with the family car idea.
>
> --
> Mark
> 70 MG Midget
> Nashville, TN

Mark,

Unless you simply don't like the style of the American cars, I think the
only problem with them is a perception problem.  In the early eighties,
American cars gained the reputation of being pieces of crap in comparison
to the imports (and rightfully so).  This is no longer true, but the memory
lingers on.

For an example of a hi-tech, comfortable, reliable American sedan, try
test-driving a supercharged Grand Prix or any Caddy with the 32-valve
Northstar V-8 (say 320 net hp 4.6liter V-8).  I don't own either, but would
like to.

Les