Re: Starter - Progress Report/Thanks

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Starter - Progress Report/Thanks
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:01:25 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-06-03 23:50:29 EDT, phubbard@carroll.com writes:

<<So this brings up a second issue.  I've got another problem somewhere.  I
drove this car for about 2 hours straight on the highway last Saturday and I
still have no juice in the battery.  This means:
A.  The alternator isn't working correctly to charge the battery.
B.  The battery is bad.
C.  Something I don't know about.
Chances are that its C, but here's what I know.

No corrosion of battery terminals
Electrolyte =levels= are good (but maybe weak - don't know)
Good connection to battery terminals and to ground on car
Drive belt seems ok

Any further suggestions?  You've all already saved me the cost of a starter
so far and much thanks for that! >>

1.  Remove the battery from your car.

2. Place battery in a plastic Baggie and insert in the trunk of an operating
vehicle.

3. Drive to the nearest, Pep Boys, Murray's, or large auto supplier of your
choice.  (Note call first to be sure they have a battery tester)

4. Have them test your Battery.

5. Options will be,
    A.   Buy new Battery
    B.   Have your alternator rebuilt