Re: Rusty floor

To: Nory@webtv.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rusty floor
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 08:37:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Nory:

>I may be crazy, but, I thought aluminum doesn't rust.  Am I mistaken?

It doesn't, but being in contact with another metal causes it to corrode
at the contact point as Jeff pointed out.  This is why I sprayed both
sides of the aluminum with rubberized undercoating before I riveted it
down, and used a heavy sealer between the two, and coated the rivets
before 'popping' them.  It is not a permanent fix, but it will get me
down the road until I can afford the time and money to weld in a new set.

Rich