Re: Dilemma

To: "Thorpe, Jeffrey" <jthorpe@kilstock.com>
Subject: Re: Dilemma
From: rickfisk <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:22:37 -0400
Cc: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My employer moved me from California to Michigan in 1992.  At the time
my Bugeye was in a million pieces and hadn't been registered since
1985.  When the Allied Moving estimator came to the house we asked about
moving the Bugeye and he said it wouldn't be a problem.  The only
concern the movers had was that the gas tank on the car had to be empty.

On moving day the big truck pulled up in front and it occurred to me
that we might have a small problem - how do we get the car in the
trailer?  The driver said "No problem!".  What we did was call for a
flatbed wrecker.  The wrecker driver winched the Bugeye up on the
flatbed, tilted it level, backed up to the moving van, and we rolled it
right inside.  Slick as can be.  When the movers got to Michigan we
rolled the car down some ramps right into my new garage.

In case you're wondering <g>, no it's still not done.  But I'm working
on it.

Rick
'59 Bugeye (been moved 5 times since I took it all apart)