Re: The time has come....

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@mindspring.com>, <b-evans@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: The time has come....
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 07:20:50 -0400
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Right on, Patton.

If you guys think that things are testy here, you should take a look at
what the high-power rocketry crowd puts up with. Anyone who takes any kind
of pro-organization stand gets lots of hate email and is lucky if he
doesn't get mail-bombed. The rocketry newsgroup is dominated by people who
HATE the national organization; there are about four crazies who make the
newsgroup virtually worthless because of their ceaseless attacks. The
ongoing politics are appalling, with our extremely conscientious president
regularly compared to Satan and Hitler. The national HPR organization
magazine ($45 per year) runs its share of worthless-to-mediocre articles
because they have to print =something= every month and they are limited by
whatever they can get from the membership.

The bottom line is that club magazines are limited by two things: the guy
publishing it and the members submitting the content. If there is a problem
meeting commitments, its the publisher's fault. If there is a content
problem, it's =not= the publisher's fault but can only be fixed at the
grass-roots level.

Near as I can tell so far, LBC people are refreshingly nice people.

Tom Zuchowski