Re: Parts solvents?

To: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Subject: Re: Parts solvents?
From: Les Myer <lmyer@probe.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:47:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ron,

As a chemist, I have observed that different people have different
tolerances to organic solvents.  Some people really have a tough time with
solvent vapors.  After prolonged exposure, some people can even have an
adverse reaction when subsequently exposed to normally acceptable amounts.
I am not one of these people, but if you have reasonable ventilation I
suspect this is the case with you.  You might want to have your liver
function checked by a doctor as the liver is the organ that handles getting
rid of vapors inhaled into your body.  Its not worth ruining your health over.

Myself, I despise cleaning parts and usually take batches of parts to a
machine shop to be hot tanked.  Probably cheaper than buying the solvents
and they come back so nice and clean with all paint and grease removed.

Les