Re: "The British are Coming !!!" A special thank-you

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <pkrum@worldnet.att.net>, <karzyks@ix.netcom.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "The British are Coming !!!" A special thank-you
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:09:32 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 6/14/98 6:35 PM so and so  David Deutsch said. (And I quote)

>Just want to thank all who ignored the weather reports and ventured to
>Long Island for our 5th annual event. We had representatives from
>Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware and Maine at today's event. List
>notables were Mike Robson, Richard Boris and Gene Fox. Gene drove away
>with 1st in the MGBGT class as well as "best engine" and "best paint"
>awards. Adam (my son) got his "most improved" award and was navigator
>in the car with the best time in the Funkhana. I just happened to be
>the owner and driver of that very same car.  Those of you who were
>scared away by the weather reports missed a very fine day full of
>fantastic cars. There was a heavy mist for approx. one hour but the was
>the extent of the bad weather situation.
>
>Next year's event will be held on Saturday the 12th and Sunday the
>13th of June. It will be in cooperation with North American MGB
>Register as there North East Regional Convention. Saturday will feature
>a fun rally suitable for beginners and experienced ralliest alike.
>Saturday evening will have us chowing down on BBQ and will have hotel
>accommodations available, at special rates, for our out of town
>friends. Sunday will have our 6th Annual Car Show/Funkhana/Swap Meet
>extravaganza. More details available as arrangements are solidified.
>
>Lastly I wish to thank all who were responsible for my 3rd place award
>in the rubber bumper class today.
>
>Safety Fast,
>David Deutsch
Congrats on the prize, the drive and the weather.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?