CARB HOOK-UPS

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: CARB HOOK-UPS
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:46:26 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
1.  I am installing a 1275 cc in a Bugeye, which does not need emission
controls.  The carburetors have an outlet on their "outer" sides which my
manual shows get connected to a charcoal canister and from there to the
fuel tank.  I have no charcoal canister.  Can I just seal off these carb
outlets?

The reason I particularly ask is that I also have a MGB, which does have
charcoal canisters.  Once I got the line blocked, and the car stalled when
it got hot.  Took months to discover the problem, so I am not inclined to
just seal off these outlets without checking.

2.  The oil separator (on the timing chain cover) gets connected to a Y
junction and from there into the 2 carbs - right?

3.  The valve cover has a tubular outlet on top which goes to the charcoal
canister that I do not have.  Should I seal this outlet off also?

Thanks!

Daryl