RE: CARB HOOK-UPS

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: CARB HOOK-UPS
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:20:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daryl May asks:
>3.  The valve cover has a tubular outlet on top which goes to the charcoal
>canister that I do not have.  Should I seal this outlet off also?

Don't seal it, Daryl!  The 1275 needs all the crank ventilation it can get!
If you start sealing up vents, you're going to start blowing oil out of the
rear oil "seal" and onto your clutch.  Run a tube off the outlet and down
the side of the engine toward the ground -- or better, into an oil catch
bottle.  You can do the same with the vent from the oil seperator on
the timing chain cover.  Can't help with the SU question... I've gone to
a Dellorto side-draught.

        Mark Joerger
        Salem, Oregon
        Westfield Eleven