Long trip

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Long trip
From: Stephen Oram <SJORAM@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:49:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi again,
        As my last mail said I'm moving back to Ireland (yippee) in a few
weeks
and will need to drive the Sprite over 1000 miles. I 've got time so I'm
not too worried.
It should be great if the weather holds. I've just got one or two small
things to take care of first.

1.      I've no spare wheel. I can't ever remember ever having a puncture
but you never know. They want over $300 for one steel rim over here!!!!!!
I'm thinking
maybe pay the fines if anything happens. Does anybody know of a rim from
another car
that may fit the hole pattern? Just for an emergency to get to the next
garage.

2.      I want to put seat belts in but am having problems getting an
inertia reel
that doesn't need to be mounted vertically to unwind. The mounting points
are all in the car
so that's no problem. Any suggestions as to possible solutions from modern
cars?

Thanks
Steve

'66 Spritr MKIII