Engine Disposal

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Disposal
From: Stephen Oram <SJORAM@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:42:32 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,
        I replaced my 1098cc motor for a 1275 version last year after the
big end
gave up and various other things made strange noises. I found the head to
be off a 998
mini (from what I can tell) and the bores were very iffy. Anyway the
question is, is the thing
worth keeping for any reason. I'm moving back to Ireland (from Germany) in
a few weeks and need to ship
my stuff. The engine has been in bits in the workshop for over a year and
I'm very tempted to just put
it in the car and drop it a the dump. Is there any good reason why not? If
I do trash it, is there anything
I should hold onto as it's now hard to get? Any opinions?

Steve

'66 Sprite MKIII