unmovable brake pedal

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: unmovable brake pedal
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:22:54 +0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, this was really weird and scared me quite a bit!

During my regular weekend Sprite trip I parked it and
turned it off for 5 minutes. When I went back and
started it back on the brake pedal was totally unmovable!!

It only lasted for a few seconds because I gave it
two or three slight pushes and then it moved, reluctantly
at first, OK later. The brakes worked in their usual way
afterwards.

I didn't leave the car out of sight and I haven't lost
a drop of brake/clutch fluid since November. Yes, I
spray grease the pedal joints regularly.

My Mk3 Sprite has the combination brake/clutch master cylinder.

Is this normal? Has it ever happened to you? What could
be the cause of it?

Regards
Evangelos
66 Sprite Mk3 (HAN8)