Re: unmovable brake pedal

To: emakris@hol.gr
Subject: Re: unmovable brake pedal
From: Vllas@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:04:56 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos,
it happened to me on a 65 xke a long time ago. i find that in "odd" items like
this the problem either completly dissapears or gets progressivly worse real
fast.
since you are dealing with brakes, my feeling is that it is better to be safe
than sorry.
if it was my car i'd keep my eye out for it happening again and order a
rebuilding kit so that i have it "in stock".
you might check the master cylinder push rod clearance. i don't have the exact
tollerance in front of me, but as i remember, there should be a small amount
of free play.
good luck,

alex