Slave Pushrods...

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Slave Pushrods...
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:31:25 -0700
Cc: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The Westfield uses the ('72) Midget pedal box and master
servos, but the firewall is a little too close to the
pedals to allow the clutch to disengage at full pedal
travel. :^(

I've fabricated a longer clutch pushrod, but it's a
little shabby -- and now the brake pedal is hidden
down too low.  It needs to be brought up too!

Net wisdom needed.  Does anyone make an adjustable
pushrod?  Are there any other pushrods I can use that
are a little longer (3/8" or so)?  Should I cut and
re-weld the pedal shafts below the pivot?  Maybe
add some material to the nose of the shaft above
the pivot and drill a new hole for the clevis?

What's gonna work here?

        Mark Joerger
        Salem, Oregon
        Westfield Eleven (JB W11 32)