Re: Swamped Midget Update

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Swamped Midget Update
From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:17:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

<< Mike

 I bought a 74 Midget a few years back with only 15,000 miles on it when
 a tree fell on it. It sat for years in a low lying area that flooded
 many times. Mud lines on the headrests!
 I freed up the engine, changed the oil/water in the trans, put on a used
 starter and it still runs fine today.
 All I did was clean everything and change oils. It all worked except the
 brakes, they were really rusted.

Frank,
Thanks, I really needed the encouragement.  I'm gonna drop the oil pan and see
if the bearings are shot tonight.  Havent decided if I want to pull the motor
and clean things up or leave it in and clean it up !!.

I'll keep everyone posted !!

Mike