Swamped Midget Update

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Swamped Midget Update
From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:39:46 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now I'm gonna need the lists help !!!

A little background....  Picked up a perfect body 78 Midget with Weber,
headers, etc etc etc  for cheap money.  The thing wrong was it was under water
(top of doors) for a day in fresh mud free water a couple years ago.  Took it
home Sunday and just got it up on the jack stands.  First thing was to change
the oil.  Let the plug out and out came 3 1/2 qts of oil and 4 qts of water.
Water first, then oil !!!.  Started checking everything . Starter is frozen,
solenoid is toast.  Free'd up the motor and I think I blew the slave out
(fluid everywhere)!!!  Obviously this thing aint gonna start too soon
.
What does everyone think I should do....  Pull the Motor and Tranny and work
from there including brakes, etc etc.... or  GASP  !!   Part the thing out !!.
I'd love to keep this thing going but does anyone think it's too cost
prohibitive to keep going ???
I already have a 78 Midget in perfect running and body  condition so I really
dont want to have a cellar full of parts hanging around !!
Does anyone have a cheap 1500 motor and tranny they want to part with so I can
make it a daily driver ???
I also have a perfect hardtop for it for sale if everone is interested !!
Think $300 is too much ??

Thanks for the input or encouragement !!!

Mike