Re: Front End Progress/Question

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Front End Progress/Question
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:14:40 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip,

Sounds like either your flex brake hose is slightly collasped and the
fluid can not return to the master cyl. keeping the caliper partially
closed or, the pistons in the caliper are not moving freely.

If you loosen the hose from the caliper and the rotor turns freely then
the hose is the problem.  If it still sticks then the the caliper is
probably the problem.

Be sure to check that there is nothing else interfering with the rotor
keeping it from turning freely.

I have been following your progress, you are doing a terrific job!  If
you haven't already replaced the flex hoses - this would be a good idea.

There is no adjustment for the calipers they are self centering. New
pads will not solve the problem and will only wear out very fast if the
problem is not rectified.  The worn and/or warped rotors could be a
result of the hose/caliper problem.  If the caliper is at fault -
refitting of the new pads may help temporarily but the problem WILL
return to ruin your new parts.......

Been there, and for the price of a flex hose I had to redo the rotor and
pads again......

Kevin Valentine
63, 71, and 74 Midgets