Bowie, MD trip

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bowie, MD trip
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:06:37 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Greetings Spridgeteers

I am just back from my weekend at the "Original British Car Day" in
Bowie, MD.
Great trip down, 95 degrees in the shade, but the car ran great, never
over 170 degrees and at 70 mph most of the 200+ miles.
But last night after dinner and the sun was about down I switched on the
headlights. No lights, hit the high beam switch, the lights came on then
1 went out, I get out of the car to watch the second headlamp loose it's
smoke too! 2 headlamps, both hi and low beams burned out with in seconds
of each other.
Go Figure???? The spirit of Joesph Lucas strikes again!
Fortunatly there was a Target store across the parking lot and they had
an automotive section with a couple of halogen headlamps.
A 10 minute parking lot fix and we made it back to the motel.

Sunday, great show, not too hot, actually chilly in the morning, some
clouds, no rain, no blazing sun, and low humidity made this Bowie show
one of the more bearable. It's always hot for the Bowie show.
I met Russ, Biff, and Jeff Church form the list. Now I know a few more
faces but I will forget their names because I am terrible with names,
always was so if I say "hey you" next time we meet, forgive me, I will
remeber your cars though, Russ has MKI Midget, Biff has a MKII Sprite,
and I never did see Jeff's car, we met at the parts piles.

Return trip was great, sunny skys, cool temps (ambiant and Sprite) no
traffic and only one minor mechanical problem.
Weber carb spring snaps!!! And on the Interstate loop de loop off/on
ramps with no place to pull over and the throttle stuck wide open.
Some serious down shifting and braking saw us safly off the ramps.
Yes I do carry spare throttle return springs along with throttle cables
in my tool box. This put a smile on the wifes face immediatly after a
couple of minutes of shear panic on her part and she was not driving!
Hey, if nothing happened the trip would have been uneventful with no
memories. I will remeber this trip for a little while anyway.
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs