Re: Bowie, MD trip

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bowie, MD trip
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:14:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
  Hi all,
     I enjoyed meeting Frank, Biff, and Steve from the list at British Car Day
in Bowie, Maryland, on Sunday.   I wish I could have had longer to talk with
them, however I was a late arrival due to the rain that we weren't supposed to
be having.  Another accurate and dependable forecast from our crack weathermen
in Baltimore.  They haven't been right on most forecasts all year!
     Ignoring the sprinkles, my son and I headed out for Bowie.  When it began
to pick  up, I gave in and put the top up under the I-95 underpass.  This will
pass, I'm sure. A mile later, the heavens opened.  I don't drive my Midget in
the rain anyway, and secondly, the rubber in the windshield frame needs to be
replaced.  My son had to mop up inside as we drove.  Seeing that it wasn't
going to pass and we were running out of towels,  I threw in the towel.  We
turned around and headed for home.  My new tires do great in the wet.
     The rain we weren't supposed to get, let up around noon, and we made a
second, successful attempt for BCD.   I was disappointed to find that the
Sprites and Midgets were once again split up on opposite sides of Allen Pond.
Last year, for once they were all together in a shady area.  I had hoped that
all our list people could be in the same area.  I intend to lodge a protest
with the organizers.
      Anyway I hoped everyone had fun, I did.  The field was down due to the
liquid sunshine, and it seemed that there were half as many vendors, so fewer
fleas to look through.   As they say, wait 'til next year!   BTW, Frank, I'm
going to check through that tape from BCD of 1989 to see if I can see you and
your car.

Russ Mullaly
Ellicott City, MD
1962 Midget