RE: Riviera Blue

To: "'GMari58175@aol.com'" <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Riviera Blue
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:13:53 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
O.K George, I'm going to let you have it with both barrels.....  8 )

Seriously, in the first year of bugeye production there did exist dark green
cars. Three ways to prove it:

1. I have a BMHT certificate on my car that says "dark green".
2. Some of the early advertising literature shows dark green bugeyes (in color!)
3. After stripping down my car (before sandblasting away the red paint), I
clearly found several hidden panels that still had the original dark green
paint on them. I have a few pieces of it hanging on the wall of my garage,
planning to use it for color matching. It is a very dark green, tending more
towards dark bottle green than British Racing Green.

Anyway, the car is going to be returned to that exact color!

Thanks for the help,

Daniel

<snip>
Anyway,  I don't think
the bugeyes came in a dark green.  Most likely your refering to the British
Racing Green.  From memory, the bugeyes came in:  Nevada beige, Old English
White, Lite Blue, ?red, Leaf Green and maybe one or two others.  I am positive
though that BR Green was not an original color for the bugeye.  Later
cars...yes, and yes I probably have the BR Green paint sample..

george  <snip>