Chico All British Car Show 6/28 (No Flats)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chico All British Car Show 6/28 (No Flats)
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:35:00 -0700
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The trip to Chico was well worth it. Around 150 examples of British Cars
were presented. Models from the 1930's (an Austin A7) to a brand New
Jaguar XK8. The show has some less seen models, like a Lotus Europa and
a Hillman Super Minx. There was a pet adoption center and many
attendee's brought home a new family member. Interesting but maybe
distressing for some was a Midget 4X4, a midget equivalent to a Monster
Truck. The group from Chico that ran the show was extremely entusiastic
and everybody seemed to have a good time. My friend David Ramsey (Crash,
as he's known to us on the list) drove out from Reno in his 1960 Bugeye,
a real fine sounding machine. What I found very rewarding was to see a
lot of young people getting into British Cars, they are the future to
keep our hobby going. My little Midget didn't get any awards, however a
flawless 170 mile round trip with no flats was more than enough of a
reward for me. My thanks to Tony and the Chico British Car Club for
putting on this fine event.

Fred Krampits
1963 Midget MK I 1098CG