Re: spridget clutches

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: spridget clutches
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 10:20:54 -0700
Cc: "Paul Bacon" <usbacons@ihug.co.nz>, "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I think Frank may have something here.  When I first swapped my 948 for a
1275 I retained the smooth case tranny and had to make a longer rod to get
the clutch to disengage.  When I went back to the 948 the only thing that
changed was the brand of clutch, pressure plate, and release bearing. The
original rod would no longer work. Had to use the longer rod with that
combination also. The 948, the smooth case, the MC, and the slave cylinder
were born together at the factory. Of course, the MC and slave cylinder had
been rebuilt a few times, but the clutch/pressure plate/release bearing were
the only real variables.

LM