Re: toneau bars

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: toneau bars
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 19:54:35 -0400
Cc: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>, "spridget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 7/4/98 11:45 AM so and so (Frank Clarici) said. (And I quote:)

>Larry Macy wrote:
>
>> Quick question. My 78 Midget has the brackets, but no bar. I thought they
>> were for holding a hardtop on. Is there a tonneau bar for a 78? and where
>> can I find one?
>>
>> Larry Macy
>> 78 Midget
>>
>Larry
>You are correct, the brackets were for hardtops AND tonneau bars.
>I know Sprites up to 69 had tonneau bars, I am not sure about BL
>Midgets. I have personally never seen a later Midget with bars.
>
>Frank
Funny part is I went to the VB catalog after I asked, and they have one
for the 78 Midget. However. then I went and loked at the car and the way
that I sit whilst driving precludes the use of a bar, it would be through
my ears, although some would say thats not a bad idea ;-(

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?