Re: Newly acquired Sprite

To: geniek@mail.datasys.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Newly acquired Sprite
From: VaN8v@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 23:39:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Genie:

I bought a '67 Sprite about a month ago that had been sitting for 9 or 10
years.  PLEASE take this advice!  It may run now, but drain the fuel tank and
see what's in there!  In mine, the gas had been in there so long that the tank
had rusted and liquified the rust.  We drained about 2 gallons of dirty gas
and a half gallon of liquid rust.  The fuel filter was full of the muck, and
all of these reasons is why we couldn't get it to run.  A new gas tank, fuel
filter, and a few gallons of new gas later, it runs like a top!

My point, in short, is that you don't want that crap throughout your fuel
system and eventually, engine.  I'm told it's toxic!

I got a deal on my Sprite too, only $1500 and similar in condition to yours.
I got the gas tank and such from Victoria British, though I found a better
price later from some very nice and helpful folks at British Miles.  They can
be reached at
British Miles
9278 Old East Tyburn Road
Morrisville, PA 19067
(215) 736-9300
(215) 736-3089 fax
(800) WE-FIX-MG (933-4964, orders only, please)
bmsales@britishmiles.com
http://www.britishmiles.com

I live in the St Pete area of Florida.  I'll let you know if I find any parts
distributors in north Fla, but I'm finding my best contacts are in other parts
of the country.

E-mail me if I can be of any assistance!

Sondra Sondregger
1967 Austin Healey Sprite
VaN8v@aol.com