Fuel feed problems - '77 1500

To: "spridgets@auto.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel feed problems - '77 1500
From: Charles Schaal <cschaal@murlin.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 22:42:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Got the mean green drivin' machine on the road after a 2 year gap. Have
developed a fuel feed problem that I addressed a couple of weeks ago on
the list.  We replaced the fuel line but the machine still will lose
fuel if allowed to idle for a couple of minutes - say at a light or
such. I have cobbled a "force fuel" system using a bicycle pump attached
to the "breather line". A few pumps and we are in business, as long as I
don't sit still.

Local intellegence has suggested this is a vapor lock problem. The
offending area- according to the mech. - is between the fuel pump and
the in line filter on the way to the carb. My observation is I thought
the electrical pump could overcome the vapor lock problem on its own. No
amouint of cranking will get fuel to the carb without "pressurized"
help. Those that know the fuel line on the 1500 may have another
location to check. If the offending location can be found I'll just put
some "piping" insulation on the fuel line.

Any other ideas - BTW, I have been able to rule out a vacum being drawn
on the tank.

Chas. - 77 1500 Midget.