Re: Resale

To: VaN8v@aol.com
Subject: Re: Resale
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:04:50 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sondra: This really gets to the heart of why we have these cars. Myself
I don't look at it for resale, I look at it for driving enjoyment. I
paid $3000.00 for my 1963 Midget which was in real nice cosmetic shape,
but have since spent an additional $7000.00 on getting it to the point
where I really had trust in taking it on a long trip. A 1967 Sprite may
not be as "collectable" as a bugeye, however many people consider the
1967 the most drivable model, because of the lack of heavy duty smog
equipment and the most amendities for comfort. In my car the expense has
paid off because my wife and I are having a blast with it on trips and
club events without fear of failure. Invest what you feel is affordable
and what you can get back in enjoyment. If you sell the car down the
line, you are still not going to lose the amount of money a person loses
the minute they drive a new BMW off the lot. And you will have saved a
lot of money on insurance and state fees.

Enjoy Your Sprite!
Fred Krampits
1963 Midget 1098CG