Re: International payment

To: GMari58175@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: International payment
From: Dwgwater@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:37:13 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-07-13 08:41:23 EDT, GMari58175@aol.com writes:

<< Hi list,
 How do I buy something from an international source who doesn't accept credit
 cards, and wants cash.   I know, this sounds fishey to me too, but would
 appreciate any ideas on how the seller is guaranteed payment,  >>

If the amount isn't too large you might want to try sending travelers
checks....If the seller runs off, you have a reasonably good argument that the
checks were stolen, and if it's only a hundred bucks or so, AmEx probably
wouldn't fight you too hard by saying you countersigned them.

Dave Groundwater
70 Midget