Re: Brakes/Front Suspension - 50 miles on rebuild

To: andy@globalauctions.com
Subject: Re: Brakes/Front Suspension - 50 miles on rebuild
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 05:56:10 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>From:  Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
>
>As I understand it, the only way that crabbing is going to be corrected
is
>if you can change the rear suspension toe (to get the rear wheels
parallel
>to the front wheels).  Which you cannot easily do on a spridget, right?
:-)

>-Andy

Well not change the toe the only thing that would affect toe would be a
bent axle housing. as far as getting the wheels parallel to the car I
guess it can be done by elongating the hole in the spring plate or leaf
spring bracket to move those parts back and forth but I would not want
to be the one to try it. If it's crabbing the frame is bent or someone
welded the sills or leaf spring barackets in wrong. If the bushings are
worn out the rear axle is moving around which is why when you hit rough
roads it feels like the rear is steering the car because it is.