Re: The first of many questions

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: The first of many questions
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,
the airflow is OPEN when the heater switch is pushed IN.
When in this position and you turn the switch to the right, if you are
lucky, the heater fan will come on.

Theoretically you should be able to run your car on low grade fuel.  Mine
pings when I do that (probably carbon buildup) so I get the expensive
stuff.  Try it out.

There shouldn't be any lighted switches at the ends of the dash.

Ulix

 On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Robert Duquette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been listening in for about 2 weeks.  I just bought a '65 BRG (and
> rust coloured)
> (yes, I'm Canadian) RHD wire wheeled Sprite with 63,800 miles on it.  It's
> safetied
> and plated now, but there are things that  I need and/or want.  A tach is
> one.  A clutch
> is on order.  King pins and dampers are in the plans.  I'm piecing together
> information
> that I'm getting all over the place, trying to figure out what's what.
> Like, for example,
> is the airflow normally open?  (heater switch)  What octane should this be
> running?
> What are those lighted switches at either ends of the dash for, other than
> to confuse me?
> I sure wish I had an owner's manual.
>
> I note that there are some MGA owners on the list also.  I'd like one of
> those.  Any advice
> on what I should be looking for?  I'd kind of like a '57 for no other
> reason than that's my
> year of birth.  I had a 1976 B (Bea) back in '78.  Parts from the
> dealership weren't such
> high quality then, I'm wondering what to expect now!  When I got the 1986
> Moss catalogue
> with delivery of the car, I was ecstatic.
>

> Robert Duquette
> HAN8/45200 (Fay) (AKA 'the little green car' to the kids)

                                                           '67 Sprite