RE: The first of many questions

Subject: RE: The first of many questions
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:29:41 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>There is a gentleman in Toronto (or suburb) that runs an outfit
>called Alfa Intruments. He rebuilt all the intruments on my Bugeye,
> fantastic job!!
>
>He apparently bought out the inventory and shop machines of
>Smiths when they pulled out of Canada, really knows his stuff.
>I could dig out the number if you need it.
>
>Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yeah!  I'll take it, if and when you can find it.  I was estimated $140 to
$160 (Canadian) to rebuild it by a local place who would farm it out.
Before I fix it, I would like to make sure that it really is the gauge for
my car.  When I went to record the number from the face of the gauge to
bring to the recycling place, I noticed that the first four letters are
scratched out from where it reads 'xxxxtive earth'.  Does someone on the
list have access to info that can tell me if RVI2401/00A (I really don't
know if they are I's or 1's) is a gauge that should be found in a 1965
positive ground RHD Sprite or if it's just filling a hole?  The car's
serial number is HAN8/45200.

According to an article about Smiths gauges, that Jeff pointed me to on the
web, "the power and ground wires are reversed between tachs for positive or
negative ground cars".  So, ... the xxxx part shouldn't matter all that
much?  However, when I asked the parts guy at the garage, he said that
can't be done?

Thanks,
Robert