10CG vs 10CC engines

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 10CG vs 10CC engines
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:11:13 -0700
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi gang,

1.    Can anyone tell me the good or bad points of the 10 CG engine?  I
have a block and head and distributor for a 10 CC which came with my
Sprite - but not much else.
        A)    I have a line on a 10 CG with starter, manifolds and
carbs, etc for $250.  Sound like a good price?

    2.    Horler in original Sprite Midget says that there were some
problems with the crank of the 10CG, and that the 10CC has more
horsepower.
        A)    Can I use the block of the 10CC and just take off the bits
from the 10CG that I need?

    Thanks for any and all replies.  I feel very confident in my 1500
knowledge, but now I'm venturing into new territory.

Steve.
Chrome bumper newbie

--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."