Re: 10CG vs 10CC engines

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 10CG vs 10CC engines
From: shk <shk@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:43:15 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Swift Justice wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> 1.    Can anyone tell me the good or bad points of the 10 CG engine?

When the 9CG engine became the 10CG engine the stroke was increased
noticeably but the main bearings remained virtually unchanged.  This
created an engine that developed a reputation for low-end problems.
I know a couple of people that have 10CG engines with no complaints
however, so I am not certain how valid this reputation is.

Other than the large main bearings the 10CC has no mechanical
fuel pump, a different (better flowing according to Vizard) head,
and I believe a solid tappet chest (no tappet covers to leak.)

If someone knows of a basically complete 10CG engine laying around
I have been looking for one for my Sprite.  A DPO took out the
10CG and put a 9C engine in my car.

Shawn