Re: Head Gasket replacement

To: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket replacement
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:02:41 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Gronberg, John wrote:

> Hello list:
> What is the best head gasket type? There are racing (copper), and
> regular type?
> What is the recommended procedure to install, soak in water, coat with
> some sort of spray?
> I would like a short recommendation on the above.
> Regards,
> John Gronberg

John:

I just put the head back on my 1275 last weekend and used the Fel-Pro
head kit.  The part number is HS 21135 S-3, 1966-1974 (also listed as
22213) it came with all that was needed when the head is removed
except the exhaust doughnut.  It looked like very good quality and all
fit perfect.  The complete set was 42.00 from a local chain parts
store.  The package lists just the head gasket as 1-21135S but I don't
know if it's available alone. No leaks now from the top end, but only
about 100 miles.

Good luck,

--
Mark