Re: Missing Oil

To: David Saidel <dsaidel@hcitech.com>
Subject: Re: Missing Oil
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: morris@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David -

It sounds like your crankcase is pressurizing - I have seen this only once
when one of the Morris club members in San Francisco hose clamped a hose
between the anti-splash canister that is attatched to the timing chain
cover and the nipple on the Minor valve cover he was using with a later
model sealed cap. It spread oil like a paving crew! He opened it up and it
helped a bit but then installed a 67 Morris type smog valve to the canister
nipple and ran a tube from the valve cover nipple, split it into a Y and
ran the two tubes into a pair of Spitfire air cleaners. Worked for him.

Rick Feibusch - Venice, CA