Mini Mania Crank Vent

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mini Mania Crank Vent
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:53:30 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave wrote:

> Has anyone tried the crankcase vent offered by Minimania  for a 1275 that
> bolts to where a mechanical fuel pump would go ?
> Could this possibly eliminate the need for a PCV or would it just supplement
> the ventilation ? Should I be the first lister to try it ?
>
> Dave Fox
> '67 Midget

I've got one, Dave.  Unfortunately, it's on my Westfield with
full "road vent" blow-by treatment -- no PCV or other plumbing
bits.  I bought it 'cause I was thinking about going to a non-
vented rocker cover and didn't want to decrease the venting.

It's a really trick looking bit of machining.  Fully baffled
with a threaded outlet to run off to a catch tank.  I know
my local machine shop would charge a whole bunch more than
$40 to make a duplicate.

Can't say if it would help a PCV install or not, but for
general crank ventin, it's really slick!

        Mark Joerger
        Salem, Oregon
        Westfield Eleven
        http://www.open.org/joerger/westfield.html