RE: generator or alternator

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: generator or alternator
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:01:33 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Matthew:

Both produce a charging current to run the electricals and
re-charge the battery after start-up.  The alternator is a
bit more efficient at this task, and can supply more current
to power higher electrical drain -- particularly at low RPM.
For a standard radio, you won't need to replace the generator.
If you're thinking about hundreds of watts of amplification
and powered sub-woofers, you may want to buy a mitubishi
alternator.  Hell, buy the whole Mitsubishi and put the
stereo crap in it!