Re: WTB:Vac. Unit

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: WTB:Vac. Unit
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:27:34 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If the reason you are looking for one is because yours is leaking, you
might want to try this first.
Working under the principle right or wrong that a vacuum unit is
supposed to hold a vacuum I knocked out the roll pin holding the vacuum
unit in place and removed the unit I found that there is some sort of
rubber piece where the rod comes out of the unit that appeared to be
deteriorated I was able to push a small o-ring over the rod and into the
unit then smeared a little grease on top of the o-ring and it sealed the
leak on a 76 midget I was working on a week ago.
Worked for me hope it works for you too.
Regards,
Peter