Re: Slave Cylinder Rebuild

To: AHSprite78@aol.com
Subject: Re: Slave Cylinder Rebuild
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:02:25 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
AHSprite78@aol.com wrote:

> My clutch doesn't want to release all of the way.  I push it to the floor and
> it feels like it needs just a little bit more to fully release.  I'm thinking
> of rebuilding it using British Victoria's Slave cylinder rebuild kit.  The
> tranny is in the car w/ the engine. I've heard that you can get the slave
> cylinder out with it still in the car, but that it's not easy.  Is it hard to
> do, can it be done w/o taking out the tranny, and does it require cutting out
> anything.
>
> Thanx,
> Matthew Smith
> '67 Sprite (soon to be road worthy!!!! :)

You can actually rebuild the slave cyl while it is still attached to the
tranny and in the car.
Remove the cotter pin and rod from the slave from under the car, remove
dust cap, inside circlip (if any) internal piston and cup.
Hone out the slave, replace the piston with new seal.
This is much easier then removing the slave which is not terribly hard
just a real pain in the *** thru the hole in the lower footwell.

Good luck
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ