Re: Racing Stripes

To: AHSprite78@aol.com
Subject: Re: Racing Stripes
From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:31:40 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 AHSprite78@aol.com wrote:
> I don't know who else to ask about this so why no the list.  Does anyone know
> where I can get Vinyl Racing Stripes?  I'm in Northestern Ohio so some where
> close would be helpful. Thanks.

Just find a good sign shop, tell them what you want: the color, width and
length of the stripe(s).  If you find a shop that does the vinyl for trucks,
they should have a wide variety of colors.

I had a local (Baltimore) shop put on the stripes as well, and the total
bill was about $200 including various (some large) custom vinyl magnetics.

If you install them yourself, the secret to success is to spray the adhesive
and the car with a _very_ dilluted solution of dishwashing soap.  The soap
solution temporarily disables the adhesive so that you can move the vinyl
around and get it placed exactly where you want it.  Then squeegee (sp?) the
soap solution out from under the vinyl when you have it placed where you
want it.

The best part is that you can remove the vinyl later if you want to change
colors or go back to an un-striped look.

You can see my stripes (on my Miata - try not to gag) at
http://realbig.com/andy/miata97.html

-Andy (future bugeye owner)

72 Pantera - Rocky             91 Miata - Steve                 96 A4Q - Rudolf
80 928 - Phantom               97 Miata - Nadia                84 RZ350 - Sting