Re: Racing Stripes

To: AHSprite78@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Racing Stripes
From: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@amt.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:39:56 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 20:20 -0400 8/18/98, AHSprite78@aol.com wrote:
>I don't know who else to ask about this so why no the list.  Does anyone know
>where I can get Vinyl Racing Stripes?  I'm in Northestern Ohio so some where
>close would be helpful. Thanks.
>
>Matthew Smith
>'67 Sprite

Any sign shop should have what you want.  What you want, BTW, is 3M
ControlTac vinyl. It's designed specifically for graphics on vehicles, and
is designed to be removable (carefully, with heat) without damaging the
finish underneath.

It won't come off on its own, though.

I know it's somewhat dangerous to mention this on an LBC list, but the
Miata world has done a fair bit of stripe work.  There's even a Java applet
that lets you play around with different colors of car and stripes,
assuming you're thinking of two wide stripes down the center.

Check out http://www.eunos.com/keith/stripes/ and play with the stripe machine.

-Zandr

Aleksandr Milewski                                              N6MOD
n6mod@amt.org                               http://www.amt.org/n6mod/